Welcome to the Stampin’ Creative February blog hop – you may have arrived from Lou – if so, I hope you enjoyed her lovely projects. I hope you’ll enjoy hopping around all our pages. We are having a blog hop every month so hopefully you’ll put a date in your diary to check us out.
This month our theme is a sketch challenge:
I’ve got to admit this stumped me for a little while as I was worried about getting all the elements incorporated. In the end I reminded myself that the sketch is an inspiration, and if my card was inspired by it, I am allowed leeway to represent it as I want to. So here’s the first card I made:
A bit different to the sketch, but I hope you like it!
Materials and measurements
- Blackberry Bliss card, 148.5 x 210 mm, scored and folded at 105 mm
- Blackberry Bliss, about 147.5 x 104 mm (almost the same size as the card front). I needed this to fold my 1cm stitched satin ribbon in Blackberry Bliss around and then mount it so it looked like the card front but didn’t overlap anywhere
- Park Lane DSP, 147.5 x 30mm, stuck on to the card front
- “You are amazingly amazing” from the Painted Petals photopolymer stampset heat embossed in silver on Whisper White card (always remembering to rub the embossing buddy over the card before stamping in Versamark ink). I used the smallest Deco Labels framelit and cut that out using the Big Shot.
- Brushed Silver cardstock cut using the next size up of Deco Label framelit. I stuck the stamped deco label on the silver one using Tombow and then popped it up using Dimensionals.
- Finally, I threaded some (non Stampin’ Up!) silver thread through a Vintage Faceted Designer button and stuck it to the ribbon with a glue dot.
After I made this card I was inspired to try again and to stick a little closer to the sketch! I flipped it and came up with this:
Totally different, but I really like this one too. This card combines Island Indigo, Pool Party, Early Espresso and Gold, a combination I think works beautifully together.
Materials and Measurements
- Island Indigo cardstock, 148.5 x 210 mm, scored and folded at 105 mm
- Island Indigo, about 147.5 x 104 mm. Again, as in my first card, I wanted to use ribbon but didn’t want a different coloured mat for my card.
- “Congrats” from the Celebrate Baby set and the hearts from the Sale-A-Bration You Brighten My Day set stamped in Island Indigo on Pool Party card, then cut out using the Bitty Banners framelits and Big Shot. I love the Big Shot and am really pleased that Stampin’ Up! had already introduced the magnetic platform when I signed up. I’ve never had to mess around with post it notes to stop things moving around – I’m not patient enough!
- I heat embossed a star design from the Bright & Beautiful stamp set – A Christmas set actually, but if I hadn’t told you I don’t think you’d have realised. Sadly, I think that set is now retired. After embossing, I cut it out using the second largest star framelit die and cut out the second smallest star in Brushed Gold cardstock, cutting out the smallest star from the middle as well.
- To construct the card I wrapped Early Espresso and (again, a non Stampin’ Up!) gold metallic thread around the Island Indigo “mat” and secured it with sticky strip. I worked my placement out and then carefully stuck the two banners down, using the embossed star as a guide (although it wasn’t stuck down yet). Next, I stuck the embossed star down, popping the top point up with a dimensional, as it was being pushed up by the ribbon.
- Finally, I stuck the gold star frame in the left hand corner and popped up the small star at an angle.
I hope you like my projects! Next stop on the blog hop is Mikaela Enjoy! Click on this image (or the full list is below):
The full list of all the blogs taking part is:
Caroline – https://craftwithcaro.com/2015/02/28/stampin-creative-february-blog-hop <- you are here!
Mikaela – http://thecraftyoinkpen.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/stampin-creative-blog-hop-sketch.html
Lesley – http://lellyjellys.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/stampin-creative-blog-hop.html
Eimear – http://stampincolour.com/stampin-creative-february-blog-hop
Emily – http://stampinmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/stampin-creative-blog-hop.html
Pip – http://www.queenpipcards.com/stampin-creative-sketch-challenge
Kim – http://kimfeecrafter.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/strawberry-slush-island-indigo-and.html
Emma – http://www.coastalcrafter.com/stampin-creative-blog-hop-february/
Lou – www.stampindelight.co.uk/stampin-creative-blog-hop-butterfly-basics