Today I’m showing you my last Christmas card – it’s really time to move on to the new Spring/Summer catalogue and Sale-a-bration. If you’re new to Stampin’ Up! or haven’t ever bought anything from them, now is a great time to start. For every £45 you spend, you get a free item – that can be one of several stamp sets, DSP, blendabilites etc. It’s a great way to get more for your money and it starts on January 6th. Get in touch if you are tempted by the idea of free stuff! On to today’s card.
I bought the Festival of Trees (Autumn Winter catalogue) and the matching tree punch as I was sure it would get used a lot. I did use them both, but found it harder than I expected to create something I loved. This card came about partly by accident. I was playing with different colours of trees with different things stamped on them and wanted a plain green tree so punched it out of scrap. When I turned it over I found that the scrap I’d used had a stamp embossed on it in gold and completely by accident it looked great! You can see enough of the stamp to know it’s Christmassy. There are no mistakes in crafting!
Materials and measurements:
- Early Espresso card, 100 x 200mm, scored and folded at 100mm
- Trim the Tree DSP stack, 96 x 96mm (A/W catalogue)
- Trees punched with the tree punch (A/W catalogue) in gold foil, Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler
- Cherry Cobbler tree embossed in gold with ho! ho! ho! from the Good Greetings hostess stamp set
- Garden Green tree embossed in gold with “There’s no happy like holiday happy” from the Mingle All the Way stamp set (A/W) catalogue
- Tombow glue to construct.
Hope you like it!