So, the lack of posts recently is because I’ve been on holiday and didn’t have time to schedule any posts before going, oops. But we’re back now! I just have a new job (I’m a contractor) to contend with, along with my first ever workshop next Saturday, which, coincidentally is World Card Making Day! I chose the date before I found that out. Stampin’ Up! have got some special offers on around that week, so maybe I’ll actually get some orders from my workshop attendees – so far I’ve been my only customer!
We had a Team Night recently – my upline, Eimear Carvill (her blog address is http://stampincolour.com/ if you’d like to take a look) has a get together every 5 or 6 weeks, where we have a chance to chat all things SU! without putting people off by being too keen and where we also do a couple of Make & Takes – Eimear does one and we take it in turns to do the other. This time Alison Swann did the Make & Take. I *would* show you those, but unfortunately left all my cards plus a few other essentials at Eimear’s and haven’t had time to get them back yet! We also did some swaps, as we all have workshops and classes coming up and it’s nice to get some inspiration. Even though it’s only September we did Christmas swaps 🙂
Swaps are usually designed to show off current products but for mine I did sneak a retired product in. I was allowed because there are other current things that would work, but I don’t happen to have them. Here’s my swap:
You’ll be aware that I *love* the Stars framelit dies, so no surprise to see them featuring here! And yes, there are similarities to another recent card I posted, but I still love this. Probably more than the card I posted for the recent Stampin’ Stars blog hop, if I’m honest.
Materials and measurements
- Base – Real Red, 100 x 200mm, scored and folded at 100mm
- All is Calm DSP (A/W catalogue), 95 x 95 mm
- Star frame in Whisper White, using the largest two framelits (call them 4 and 5, with 5 being the largest)
- Real Red embossed with the Decorative Dots TIEF, then cut using the #4 star framelit die
- Brushed Silver cardstock cut using the #3 star framelit. This cardstock is a recent discovery – the photo won’t do it justice so take my word for it, it’s gorgeous, as is the Brushed Gold. It’s in the Annual Catalogue
- “Merry” in Real Red, using a sadly retired die from the Expressions Thinlits. This is on the Clearance Rack, so it’s available to buy if you love it and want to make your own projects with it – as Demos we can’t use retired products for workshops or classes, but we can use them for our blogs, cards to sell etc. However, as I mentioned, there are other current thinlit dies, so “Joy” or “Noel” from the Wonderful Wreath framelits (A/W catalogue), for example.
I layered the stars together and snipped off the overhang from the Whisper White frame. I made sure the silver star was centered and symmetrical to give the card balance. I adhered the “Merry” by putting a tiny amount of tombow glue on a piece of card and carefully picking it up with the tip and dotting it in tiny amounts. A bit nerve wracking but fine if you take your time!
That’s it – hope you enjoy it.