Today I thought I’d share the third and final wedding card I made for a commission recently, the one that actually got chosen and purchased! I really struggled with this card – I started creating the elements and then came back later to construct it. And it just wouldn’t work. Everything I tried looked wrong – there are days when things and flow and when they don’t. This was definitely one of the latter. In the end I went to bed and came back and finished it the next morning (I had to, as I’d promised to provide them that day!). It wasn’t my favourite of the three, as it had been so tricky to get it finished. But it was the one that the customer liked best – all I could see was the efoort and trouble it had been. It’s my sister’s favourite of the three cards too, she tells me. Here’s the card:
Materials and measurements
- Smoky Slate card stock, half A4, scored and folder at 105mm
- Smoky Slate DSP from the Neutrals DSP stack
- Hello Honey cardstock (the colour theme for all three cards)
- Whisper White cardstock
- Wedding Words Wheel stamp (don’t even think about liking this, it’s retired, as are all SU!’s wheels now), stamped in Versamark then heat embossed in silver
- Heart stamp from the wonderful and versatile Work of Art stamp set (you can make rainbows, flowers and boats and all sorts with this one set!), stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in silver
The preferred and purchased card. I actually like it now I look back at it.
Hope you enjoy it.