So today’s post will be fairly short and sweet. I’ve wanted to share this card for a couple of days and today I actually have time to do it. This card was CASE’d from my upline Eimear Carvill (http://stampincolour.com) when we did a workshop on “masculine” cards, and I know she CASE’d it from someone else! CASE means “Copy and share everything” – once you post a design you are giving people free reign to copy or use it as inspiration, although we try to recognise where it initially came from (sorry to the original source!).
I adapted the card we made with Eimear as I wanted my own twist on it to give as a birthday card to my brother. Trust me, I didn’t change much! I gave this card before setting up my blog and so didn’t think to take the measurements, so all I can say is it started as half a sheet of A4, scored and folder in half:
- Early Espresso card stock
- Early Espresso cardstock textured with the Woodbark TIEF
- Very Vanilla card stock rectangle, cut by hand into a banner and sponged with Early Espresso
- Antique brad
- Four strips of DSP, cut into banners by hand
- Seize the cake stamp from the “Something to Say” stampset – my brother is a big Terry Pratchett fan and the play on words reminded me of his novel “Carpe Diem, plus it was very suitable for a birthday!).
I love this card (and the one it was based on), hope you enjoy it too.